The Veterinary Support Sling is a simple and practical mobility solution to lift patients during post-operative recovery and rehabilitation safely. The veterinary sling fits any size patient and can be used to support pets of various weight ranges with greater control than a towel. Offer patients additional support and stability when they are too weak to stand or walk alone.
- Adjustable handles to accommodate a range of dogs comfortably.
- Lined in soft sherpa fleece for comfort, with a sturdy nylon exterior.
- Ergonomic design to support a dog without straining the handler’s back.
- One simple mobility aide to support any patient, an excellent alternative to the towel.
- Safely support and control patients after surgery & post-op recovery.
- Assist senior patients that require balance and mobility assistance.
- Ideal to assist a patient into the car, outside to pee, or help a dog negotiate the stairs.
*Sling can be screen printed with a practice logo. Contact us for further details.
Ideal for the following conditions:
How to Incorporate the Veterinary Support Sling into Your Practice
- A cost-effective and straightforward mobility aid to send home with pet parents post-op for support instead of the towel.
- In-hospital use during treatment walks for pets with limb weakness, recovering from orthopedic or spinal surgery, FCE, or injury from trauma.
- During rehab exercises such as treadmill patterning, weaving, or cavaletti poles for pets with weak legs or recovering from surgery. Great for assisted standing use with weight shifting while still offering support.
- Sling offers light support during rehabilitation and when additional support is needed during the recovery process only.
- Ideal for canines debilitated due to old age, surgical, or injury recovery.
Downloadable Resource Guides for Clients:
Take the sling and place it under the dog’s abdomen.
Gently lift up to support the patient’s hind legs and slowly walk forward. Patients with hind end mobility should still be encouraged to use their back legs.
Can the Veterinary Sling be safely used after surgery?
The Veterinary Sling provides an ideal level of support for post-operative patients. Lessen the weight and pressure on weakened joints by gently supporting your patient’s midsection. This easy-to-use lifting harness can be incorporated into your patient’s at-home recovery plan for supportive walks and assistance.