Walkin’ Hip-EEZ with Bridge
For conservative management of canine hip subluxation.
$209.90 – $214.90
Are you a Pet Care Professional?
Request an account to view pricing.
If you are an existing pet care professional, simply login.
Not a Pet Care Professional?
Learn more about Walkin’ Hip-EEZ with Bridge at Walkin' Pets.
The Walkin’ Hip-EEZ® with Hip Bridge is a non-surgical solution to treat your patient’s hip subluxation. The Hip Bridge is designed to sit directly over the femoral head and attaches to the inside of the Hip-EEZ® panel. When the panel is secured, the bridge presses in and down on the hip joint to help keep the joint in place to help treat mild to moderate hip subluxations. Designed in the USA by Renee Mills, VT, CCRP (US Patent No. 10881082. Issue Date: 01/05/2021).
- Aids in conservative management of canine hip subluxation
- Enhance Patient’s Rehab Sessions: Wear during structured rehabilitative exercise
- Medical grade foam to provide cushion and compression on Femoral Head
Measure from 1 inch above the right stifle to the middle of the top of the back above the pelvis. It’s best to measure the patient in a normal standing position and to use a soft measuring tape.
Once you’ve measured, reference our chart below. Find the measurement and weight range that best matches your patient. If they are between sizes, it’s better to choose using the weight range as opposed to the leg measurement. Remember, your patient’s measurement may not be an exact match to the chart. If you’re having trouble deciding on a size, please contact our Veterinary Support and Outreach team for assistance.
|Hip-EEZ® Size||Right Leg Measurement||Weight||Bridge Size|
|Small||8″||15 – 24 lbs.||Small|
|Medium||11″||25 – 34 lbs.||Medium|
|Medium/Large||14″||35 – 49 lbs.||Medium|
|Large||17″||50 – 85 lbs.||Large/XLarge|
|XLarge||19″ or greater||80 lbs. or greater||Large/XLarge|
Barrel chested breeds, such as Boxer or Staffordshire Terrier may need to have a customized system to best accommodate their shape. Please contact us at 866-578-2926 if you need help to determine the right size.
Watch How to Measure Your Pet for the Walkin’ Hip-EEZ!
- Make sure your Hip-EEZ® Full Support or Amputee system is adjusted to best fit your patient.
- Gently undo touch fastener at top of leg panel on the side you’re planning on using the Hip Bridge. With the touch fastener facing out, line up the Hip Bridge directly over top the femoral head, making sure that the bone is resting in the open space of bridge. The bridge should be over top and on either side of the femoral head. Hold bridge in place with one hand while pulling the leg panel taut and reattaching to rest of Hip-EEZ® support system. Then remove hand from bridge and gently press on outside of leg panel all around bridge to finish securing touch fastener
- At this point your Hip Bridge should be in place over the joint and your leg panels secured. If you need to reposition the bridge, take your time and get it set correctly. We recommend that placement be checked often while the patient is active or gets up from laying down on that side. The goal is to allow your patient to move around with the bridge staying in place to offer support and compression.
The Hip-EEZ® Bridge is specially designed to aid in the conservative treatment of mild to moderate Hip Sub-Luxation. This product was designed specifically for those pets who may be suffering from multiple deficits and/or not good surgical candidates. The idea of the Hip-EEZ® Bridge is it compresses down and in on the Femoral head when placed correctly and the leg panel is secured tightly. This compression along with a specific Rehabilitation program ideally will allow muscle strengthening and recovery while keeping the hip from sub-luxating. This concept will take months of strengthening exercises while wearing the Hip-EEZ® Bridge. Of course, this will not work for all cases and in the situation of a full Hip Luxation. It’s not a replacement to surgery for those pets who would benefit from a surgical procedure. The Hip-EEZ® Bridge is a possible solution for those pets we see who surgery is not a viable option.
I’ve successfully used the Hip-EEZ® Bridge in a few cases and wanted to share a product I handmade the first go-round to help a patient named Nuka. I’m hoping to continue to collect data and feedback from other professionals. Working together as a Veterinary community to create, provide and improve products that aid in healing our patients. I can only hope these products are able to help your patients as well. Please reach out to us and share your thoughts and help us continue to collect more case studies on using the Hip-EEZ® Bridge with the Hip-EEZ® systems. We want your help in making sure our products meet the needs and approval of our fellow pet lovers.
– Renee Mills, CCRP, Inventor of the Hip-EEZ, vertebraVe and No-Knuckling Training Socks
How does the Hip-EEZ® with Hip Bridge Attachment work?
The Hip Bridge provides compression to the femoral head in patients who suffer from mild to moderate hip subluxation. By combining regular wear of the Hip Bridge with exercise, structured rehabilitation, and time the subluxing hip can heal.
Learn More: Walkin’ Hip-EEZ® Helps Dog with Hip Subluxation
How long can my patient wear their Hip-EEZ® and Hip Bridge?
Your patient can wear the Hip Bridge while walking, running, sitting, and laying down. However, it is mainly designed to be used while the patient is participating in a rehabilitation treatment plan and during walks, then removed for a couple of hours allowing the skin to breathe before replacing it back on the patient.
How do I care for the Hip Bridge?
Spot clean the Hip Bridge with a damp cloth or sponge as needed and lay flat to air dry. Machine washing is not recommended and may affect the stability of the product. To remove hair from foam and touch fasteners, we recommend using a lint roller.
Can my patient go to the bathroom while wearing the Hip Bridge?
Yes, your patient can use the bathroom with the Hip Bridge on. There should be no interference with urinating or defecating for male or female dogs.
My patient already has a Hip-EEZ. Can I purchase just the Hip Bridge?
Yes, the Hip Bridge can be purchased separately if your patient needs only the Hip Bridge or a second Bridge for the other hip.
Have a question about this product?