The Walkin’ Combo Harness provides lifting support for front, back or both ends of the dog. This easy-to-use harness is part of a progressive harnessing system that adapts as your patient’s mobility loss progresses and when additional support is needed.
- Fully compatible with the rear and full support Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchairs
- Designed to support pets 30 lbs. and over
- Provides full body lifting support
- Features durable material with fleece lining for comfort
- Ideal for in hospital use with patients recovering from surgery
- Proves complete lifting support during rehabilitation exercises
- Assist senior patients needing help with weakened limbs, loss of mobility or balance
- Harness progresses with patients changing mobility needs – ideal for patients with degenerative conditions
Ideal for the following conditions:
How to Incorporate the Walkin’ Combo Harness into Your Practice
- In hospital use during treatment walks for pets with limb weakness, recovering from orthopedic and/or spinal surgery, FCE or injury from trauma.
- During rehab exercises such as treadmill patterning, weaving or cavaletti poles for pets with weak legs or recovering from surgery. Great for assisted standing use with weight shifting while still offering support.
- Clips on side of harness allows patient to be safely secured to land or underwater treadmill for safety and support.
- Comfortable-fitting walking harness for those patients who shouldn’t have leash pressure on the cervical region. Harness transfers pulling pressure to shoulders and chest.
- Ideal for canines debilitated as a result of old age, severe arthritis, or neurological disease. Use with patients dealing with progressive mobility loss that will degenerate and worsen overtime. Combo Harness Rear can be added for additional hind end support. Harness clips can be switched for compatibility with both the Walkin’ Wheels rear and full support wheelchairs.
|Small||30 – 49 lbs|
|Medium||50 – 69 lbs|
|Large||70 – 99 lbs|
|Size||Girth of Abdomen (A)|
|Small||21 – 24″|
|Medium||24 – 27″|
|Large||27 – 30″|
Hold harness by the black handle, and place over dog’s head.
Pull chest piece over and under dog’s chest.
Clip harness on each side.
Place rear harness on the ground with blue side facing down and D-Rings facing the front of the dog.
Hold the side panels and pull up harness like a pair of pants.
Fold over dog’s back and touch-fasten together.
Buckle and adjust so that harness is snug to the dog.
Adjust leg rings for comfort.
Use clip on each side of harness to attach to wheelchair extender.
Pull harness clips up and over wheelchair frame around front legs, and push up to clip into place.
Pull harness clips up and over wheelchair frame on each side of black knuckle, and push up to clip into place.
Is the Combo Harness compatible with the Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchair?
Yes, the Combo Front Harness can be used for patients who use either a rear or full support Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair. If patient’s mobility needs change, the front harness clips can be switched to accommodate rear or quad wheelchair clips as needed.
Can this harness be worn for extended periods of time?
The Combo Harness is comfortably lined with fleece for comfortable wear for extended wear. Keep front and rear harness clipped together to keep harness comfortable positioned.
I ordered the harness without clips, and now my patient needs a wheelchair. Can I order the clips?
Yes, this harness is designed to adapt with your patient’s changing mobility needs. If clips need to be added or switched to accommodate a new cart they can be purchased online or call us at 866-578-2926 and we can help you get everything your patient needs.
I have a hard time keeping my patient support as I clip them into their wheelchair, will this help?
Yes, the Combo Harness will help you to lift and support your patient as you position them into their Walkin’ Wheels.