The Walkin’ Rear Combo Harness supports and lifts a pet’s hind end and is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. This easy to use harness is part of a progressive harnessing system that adapts as your patient’s mobility loss progresses and when additional support is needed.
- Fully compatible with the Medium and Large Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchairs
- Designed to support pets 30 lbs. and over
- Featuring height adjustable handles for lifting
- Constructed of durable material with fleece lining for comfort and padded leg-ring support in rear
- Ideal for in hospital use with patients recovering from surgery
- Introduce into rehab sessions to provide additional support to patient
- Assist senior patients needing help with weakened hind leg, loss of mobility or balance
- Harness progresses with patients changing mobility needs – ideal for patients with degenerative conditions
Ideal for the following conditions:
How to Incorporate the Walkin’ Combo Harness Rear into Your Practice
- In hospital use during treatment walks for pets with limb weakness, recovering from orthopedic and/or spinal surgery, FCE or injury from trauma.
- During rehab exercises such as treadmill patterning, weaving or cavaletti poles for pets with weak legs or recovering from surgery. Great for assisted standing use with weight shifting while still offering support.
- Ideal for canines debilitated as a result of old age, severe arthritis, or neurological disease. Use with patients dealing with progressive mobility loss that will degenerate and worsen overtime. Combo Harness Front can be added for additional front end support. Harness clips can be switched for compatibility with both the Walkin’ Wheels rear and full support wheelchairs.
|Size||Girth of Abdomen (A)|
|Small||21 – 24″|
|Medium||24 – 27″|
|Large||27 – 30″|
Place rear harness on the ground with blue side facing down and D-Rings facing the front of the dog.
Hold the side panels and pull up harness like a pair of pants.
Fold over dog’s back and touch-fasten together.
Buckle and adjust so that harness is snug to the dog.
Adjust leg rings for comfort.
Pull harness clips up and over wheelchair frame on each side of black knuckle, and push up to clip into place.
Can a pet wear the Rear Combo Harness for bathroom breaks?
Absolutely, the harness was designed to allow dogs to urinate and defecate while wearing their harness.
Is the Combo Rear Harness compatible with the Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchair?
Yes, the Combo Rear Harness can be used for patients who use either a rear and full support Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair.
Can this harness be worn for extended periods of time?
The Combo Rear Harness is comfortably lined with fleece for comfortable wear for extended wear. If planning to leave on a patient we recommend wearing with the Combo Front Harness to keep rear harness safely in position.