The Walkin’ Lift Rear Harness provides lifting support to a patient’s hind end. This easy-to-use harness is ideal for pets with weak or paralyzed back legs. The harness is compatible with the Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair and can be used instead of standard leg rings for additional comfort.
- Harness is designed to allow pets to urinate and defecate while wearing
- Constructed of double fleece-lined canvas
- Help disabled and injured pets rise from a prone position, provide aid on the stairs, and help pets in and out of vehicles.
- Compatible with Walkin’ Wheels Wheelchairs – replaces leg rings
- The Walkin’ Lift Rear Harness Pro kit comes with 1 of each size
- Ideal for in-hospital use with patients recovering from orthopedic or spinal surgery
- Recommend for patient use at home post-op
- Introduce into rehab sessions to offer additional rear support to the patient
Ideal for the following conditions:
How to Incorporate the Walkin’ Lift Rear Harness into Your Practice
- In-hospital use during treatment walks for pets with limb weakness, recovering from orthopedic or spinal surgery, FCE, or injury from trauma.
- During rehab exercises such as treadmill patterning, weaving, or cavaletti poles for pets weak in hind legs or recovering from surgery. Great for assisted standing use with weight shifting while still offering support.
- Perfect for patients dealing with progressive mobility loss, compatible Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair
- To provide rear leg support during rehabilitation when help is needed during the recovery process only.
- This is great for senior pets who may need a little more support during walks or while recovering from injury.
Measure the girth of one of your dog’s back legs, all the way around at the widest part (thigh).
|Size||Girth of leg|
|XXSmall||7″ or Less|
|XSmall||7 – 9″|
|Small||10 – 11″|
|Medium||12 – 13″|
|Medium/Large||14 – 15″|
|Large||16 – 18″|
|XLarge||19 – 22″|
If the measurement is between sizes, go down a size.
For example, if the measurement is 13-3/4 inches, order a size Medium;
if the measurement is 18-1/2 inches, order a size Large, and so on.
Can the rear lifting harness be used with the Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair?
Yes, the Walkin’ Lift Rear Harness is fully compatible with the Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair. It can be used to support your patient during rehab sessions or quick walks and is designed to clip into the wheelchair in place of the leg ring support.
Can a pet relieve themselves while wearing their harness?
The Walkin’ Lift Rear Harness is designed to allow a pet to go mess-free. The harness is designed with two different shaped cutouts; turn the harness to best accommodate your patient’s anatomical needs.
Can the harness be used to support patients on short walks?
The Walkin’ Lift Rear Harness gives patients the back leg support they need to stand and walk as they regain their leg strength. It is perfect for clients who need to assist their pet into a vehicle, provide their dog with additional support as they climb stairs, and help them get outside quickly to relieve themselves.
Are the handles of the harness adjustable?
Each Walkin’ Lift Rear Harness features two handles. The handles adjust in height so that you can safely lift and support a patient without straining your back. The handles adjust as small as 4.5” and as long as 27”.
Is the harness washable?
The rear harness can be washed in the washing machine if soiled, but we recommend laying it flat to air dry.