No products in the cart.
Walkin’ Wrist Hugger
$21.95 – $87.80
Are you a Pet Care Professional?
Request an account to view pricing.
If you are an existing pet care professional, simply login.
Not a Pet Care Professional?
Learn more about Walkin' Wrist Hugger at Walkin' Pets.
The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger is designed to conform to the natural angle of the carpal. Wrapping comfortably around the front leg provides support above and below the carpal joint to help prevent hyperextension and give pets freedom of movement without limiting the range of motion or placing strain on the injured joint.
- Neoprene wrap – Lightweight, comfortable, and adjustable
- Touch fastener straps wrap around pet’s leg to provide additional support
- Wraps above and below to support the carpal joint and surrounding structures
- Available in four sizes to accommodate a range of breeds
- The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger Pro Kit comes with 1 of each size
- Helps prevent hyperextension & supports carpal joint
- Customize medial and lateral support with the addition of adhesive foam
- Provide maximum support during rehabilitation for tarsal injuries
- Recommend for at-home use & limb support when a patient is not splinted
Benefits pets with the following conditions:
The Walkin’ Wrist Hugger fits the natural angle of the carpal joint, supporting above and below the carpal joint. The neoprene material allows the pet to move quickly without strain on the joint. Fabric wraps above and below the carpal joint to support the carpal joint and surrounding structures. Our splint foam inserts may also be added to the Wrist Hugger to customize the support level and provide more stabilization for pets suffering from carpal hyperextension injuries.
Here are a few suggestions on how professionals may use the Wrist Hugger:
- For those patients suffering from carpal joint or ligament injuries, you can create custom supports by adding our splint foam inserts directly to the wrist hugger.
- For Carpal Hyperextension cases, rectangular foam pieces may be added to the caudal aspect of the Walkin’ Wrist Hugger to support the carpal joint from hyperextending further. The foam may be stacked on top of each other until desired support is reached. It’s best to purchase a size up when planning on adding foam for a custom fit. The Wrist Hugger can be cut down in length if needed, but the larger size will allow proper closure with the addition of foam.
- For more support to the medial or lateral aspect of the carpal joint due to ligament instabilities or after surgery, use rectangular foam pieces and adhere to the medial or lateral aspect of the Wrist Hugger accordingly.
- To be used by pet owners at home to encourage a limb during home exercises.
|XSmall||10 – 15 lbs||3.25″|
|Small||15 – 25 lbs||3.25″|
|Medium||25 – 60 lbs||3.5″|
|Large||60 – 100 lbs||4″|
- Detach all touch-fastener straps and completely open the wrist wrap.
- Place the Walkin’ Wrist Hugger over the front of the dog’s front leg with the label pointing outwards.
- Attach top strap first, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
- Next, attach the bottom strap, wrapping snugly but not too tightly!
How do I determine the size Wrist Hugger my patient needs?
The correct size Wrist Hugger for a pet is based on their weight range; use overall height measurement to confirm sizing. If additional wrist coverage is needed, we recommend ordering one size larger to allow for more support.
When should I recommend the Wrist Hugger for my patient?
The Wrist Hugger is designed to support pets dealing with carpal injuries. The leg wrap allows them to maintain range of motion in the joint while the leg is fully supported. Ideal for patients with injuries no longer requiring a splint or letting limb breathe from the splint.
Have a question about this product?